Friday, March 20, 2009

Give Me a Radical Break



I've decided that anyone whom tries to make you afraid for the future is not worth listening to. Give me REAL explanations of our problems; give me ideas for solutions; give me cautionary tales. Just PLEASE don't give me doom and gloom!!

I'm one of those "crazy" people that believe the world, as we know it, will someday end. I don't know when that will be, so I'm not too keen on obsessing over it. I'm pretty sure we are supposed to live our lives and plan for the future and not try to calculate when it will all be over - whether that means for everyone, or just me.

Didn't we learn our lesson with the Y2K thing?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Thank you! That's what I am saying.

Coopcakes said...

I agree! And great picture too! It made me remember a quote so I looked it up - it was Wilford Woodruff, about when the "end" would be... he said: ‘I would live as if it were to be tomorrow—but I am still planting cherry trees!’

The Fantastic Four said...

DITTO!!!!