Thursday, January 22, 2009

Roxy

Here she is! The kids had been asking for a dog for... years now. I told them that when D turned three years old, we would get a dog. That way, there would be no babies and dogs (a combo I refuse to try and repeat), and R would have plenty of time to get used to the idea :)

Well, once we got back from Phoenix, it was Priority One to find a dog. A couple days ago, we went to the animal shelter to look at a particular dog, when little Roxy caught our eye (she was called America then). So, after a little time getting to know her - her likes, dislikes... her political affiliations - we decided she was the dog for us!

Roxy has been so good! It has been a rather smooth transition so far. She's so sweet and really good with the kids and she's HOUSE TRAINED!!

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I love dogs. I just didn't know it until I a year or so when we got our puppy. And then I still didn't know it until he was housetrained. So good job for rescuing an animal and saving yourself the agony.

Pamela said...

Fun, If my kids ask for a dog I will send them to your house :)

What no posting of the backside pictures, come on, that is no fun at all!

I am glad that your race went well.

shelbell said...

Corey told me your fam had your new dog, and I'd been meaning to check the ole' blog to see him! He's a cutie...and house trained, now that's a nice combo. Chewing or digging vices?