Monday, November 24, 2008

Skinny Is the New Chubby

I bought L two clearance shirts from Target today. When I showed her these shirts, she was excited about the first and told me to "take back that one" on the second. Okay. I'm not sure when she came to the conclusion that she could take new clothes for granted, but I'm kind of frustrated that she has. I had previously told her, about a pair of jeans she wasn't instantly thrilled with, that I saw Hannah Montana wear jeans "just like that" and she was convinced. I couldn't think of a good "persuasion technique" off the top of my head for the shirt, so I'll have to convince her why she should love shirt #2 later.After trying on the first shirt, L exclaimed, "Good thing! Now I can pretend to be skinny!"

"L, you are skinny. You know that, right?"

"Uh, well I'm just saying now I can pretend to be skinny. I like this shirt."

WHAT?!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Ah, so you have clothes issues as well. Lauren comes home all the time and tells me that she wants cool clothes like the other kids. Sheesh it is not like I dress her in frumpy dirty clothes. I am just sad that it starts so young!