Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Desperate Times

R and I have agreed that we will only eat sweets once a week and/or on special occasions (for instance; pie at Thanksgiving and ice cream on the weekend). Generally, I'm doing pretty well with it. I just came off a month "fast" from sweets (allowing for two indulgences when we had family in town), so I have much better control than I used to. This is not to say I have it completely under control. Some days I get desperate for a sugar fix and I snack on my kids' gummy vitamins. I only eat two or three, but this is in addition to the adult multi-vitamin and two calcium supplements that I have each day. Is this bad for me? I'm waiting for my skin to begin molting or my hair roots to turn orange. If something weird happens, I imagine I'll have the willpower to lay off the gummy vitamins. Until then, they get the job done.

1 comment:

shelbell said...

Hilarious! I need to have a piece of your motivation. I'm a nightmare with sweets!