Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Transcending Ordinary Methods

One of my very favorite books is "A Rational Theology" by John D. Widtsoe. Last night, R and I had an awesome conversation about the many mind-blowing principles that make the gospel of Jesus Christ so... well, there just aren't really adequate words to describe that. Perhaps, I should just say that when a person feels the truth, it is unlike any other feeling this earth offers.

This is just one of the many amazing teachings Elder Widtsoe offers in his book:

"By the holy spirit, which fills every person, man may obtain information from the Lord. By its means come the messages which transcend the ordinary methods of acquiring knowledge. By it man may readily communicate with God, or God with him."

Wow.

4 comments:

shelbell said...

I need to read that book!

B and B said...

I tagged you on my blog so now you have to post 5 songs that you are embarrassed to admit you like. Find the rules at http//brittandbrade2wed.blogspot.com. Have fun!

The Fantastic Four said...

Oh ya?...well....I read a book too...called Hunger Games...BEAT THAT!

The Fantastic Four said...

Just kidding;) .... I didn't really read that book....