Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We Love R

Here's a look back at the last few years (the digital years, that is - someday I will scan in old photos, but for now we will have to settle for a digital selection): R has always been very active; playing tennis throughout adolescence and college, running, biking, swimming, wrestling his wife and kids on occasion. He ran his first full length marathon in 2001 and placed second in his division (you would think all that hair would've slowed him down). Since then, he has run five full marathons (including Boston) and several other distance races.
R loves his family. He has four older sisters who he thinks the world of and parents that he respects and loves to no end. He also loves the family he inherited through marriage and puts up with all the typical in-law stuff without a complaint :)
R has an amazing mind. He is a budgeting genius (just ask anyone he's worked with), so I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise that he is also very creative ;) He does all kinds of analytical work from 9 to 5, then comes home and draws amazing pictures, paints beautifully and redesigns every surface he comes across. He's always trying to think of a new way to do something, to make it better.
R loves, loves, loves his kids. He is an amazing father - I tell my kids that they don't know how lucky they are, and I wholly believe that they won the Dad Lottery. I am forever grateful for the way he cares for our children.
R loves being outdoors. Camping and hiking are two of this favorite activities and he loves to share them with his family. He is a fearless explorer!
R is one of the most responsible people I know. He takes his duties seriously and rarely complains. Hard work is never below him - he'll always dig in with two hands. He is also eager to learn new skills and has an impressive knack for doing anything he tries!
R is incredibly handsome. I'm not one to gush, and I don't tell him often enough, but he has a look and way about him that is very appealing (okay, I'm starting to blush... sorry).
R is one to gush, however. He rarely lets a day go by without telling me I look pretty or I've done something well. I know I always have a fan in R, which makes my life really rich. To know the person you care the most about is always there and will do whatever it takes to make life happy... well, that is truly a piece of grace. I was given R - though I'm not sure I deserve him. I suppose I'll just do my best to earn his kindness each day. I love you, R.

3 comments:

Life is a Blessing said...

Happy B-day R.... and wow you two are too cute, i love to see the affection between you and how much you care for each other. we are truly blessed to have the wonderful men in our lives!!!!
B

shelbell said...

SO sweet. Hope his big day was great!
And I'm not sure I would've realized that was him with all that facial hair. Wowsers!

Pamela said...

That is a nice tribute! He has an impressive list of talents!!

I thought my husband was the only one who came home and redesigned things to make them better. Maybe K and R can get together. K keeps a little notebook with drawings and ideas of his inventions and improvements. Glad to know I have a friend who can relate on that one :)