Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Sky Is Falling


Not too long ago, we had a stormy day here in Albuquerque. It rained a bit, which was no big deal. Then the weather "deteriorated" and it began to hail. And there was wind that seemed like it would bust the windows. And it rained a lot more. This all happened in the span of about fifteen minutes, but it was a crazy fifteen minutes. I kept thinking about how frightening it must be to live through a hurricane or tornado.


After our crazy storm, there were a few uprooted trees and big rocks and sand in the roads. The sun came out pretty quickly afterwards and so I ran to the store for milk and o.j. I don't think I really have any idea of what it would be like to live through a hurricane or tornado. I'm kind of okay with not knowing.

No comments: