Thursday, June 23, 2011

Understatement

It's been a while since I last posted.

We've moved to Gainesville, FL. Gee, another move? Bet you didn't see that coming! Well, it's the last for a LOOOOOONG time - like many years, possibly even decades. Trust me. The good thing about that is that we LOVE it here! Gainesville is totally our kind of town. You should visit. You can stay in our guest bedroom. We'll chase the gators away before you arrive.



This is our new home. It's on an 1 1/2 acres and has lots of trees, of course. It's an older house, but that's okay because it gives us something to complain about. We're bored of complaining about how hot and humid it is, so we're just complaining about expensive house repairs full time.




This is our dining room. Carpet (it's clean, at least... for now), fancy chandelier and flowery wallpaper. If you are like my daughter, L, you'll be mad at me when I rip this all out. This light fixture makes her "feel like we're rich." Hmmm, it's hard to be the crusher of a little girl's fantasy.





To prove that we do in fact live in Florida, I'm posting this picture of an alligator (or "gators" as we call them here - not to be confused with "The Gators" which represents all that is strong and true here in Gainesville - oops, I mean the world). R took this picture in our backyard. Just kidding - it was the neighbor's backyard. No, please don't believe that because then you won't visit.... or you'll be here too much depending on what you call an ideal vacation.




In closing, I will pledge to blog more often. I will also pledge to remove wallpaper and replace old, fancy light fixtures asap. Sorry, Miss L.


10 comments:

Telitha said...

Your house looks really cute-nice curb appeal:) Good luck with the wallpaper, I hear that can be a real pain:/

Unknown said...

LOL!!! So are you keeping the fancy green window shades? Decorate around that! Where did you move from?

TJMSmomma said...

I have a steamer that works wonders on wallpaper! I would love to help!
(This is Carol F by the way!)

Hi I'm Lindsey! said...

Wow! Your life has not been boring the last couple of years to say the least. I will stop complaining:) How fun to be in Florida! Love the house. Fix ups can be a pain (we have one too) but it's fun to make it your own! I'm excited that you pledged to blog more:) I bet your kids are getting so big!

Camille said...

can you pleeease write my blog for me?!? You are so witty! Love it! And freaky alligator. LOL about L and the wall paper!!!!

B and B said...

It's about time you updated this thing! :) I'm so glad you have found a place you love. By the way, we WILL be visiting. And we WILL wish to see a gator. Not the team, the animal. ;)

Ang Campbell said...

I can't believe I'm going to say this... but I'll actually take our critters over yours! And I'm telling you the B-52 bomber cockroaches have tormented and terrified me for 3 straight years now. Nothing would put the fear in me like seeing a gator in the yard though. Yowza!!! The house and property look beautiful, though. How exciting for your family!!

Ang Campbell said...

and thanks for the motivation to dust off my blogging skills and give it a try again. I feel like I've been away from it for so long it's awkward diving back in, but if you can do it then by golly, so can I! I'll tackle it in the next few days :)

Pamela said...

Yes, finally some much needed updates :) I love the house, how awesome to have so much land! You should post before and after pictures of all the rooms. I love seeing what you guys do because you have such good taste! I am really glad that you guys are happy, that is the best part.

Bonnie said...

FINALLY!! I have been DYING waiting for SOME WORD!! :)jk
Love it! I am on my way!
XOXOX