Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day (and a Little Reminder From Mother's Day)

Happy Father's Day to R - and all those fatherly people in my life! I have many, you know. I am really blessed to have a father, a step-father, a father-in-law, the memories of a wonderful grandfather and great-Grandfather, and the father of my beautiful children (all I'm missing is an adoptive father and a Godfather... then I'd have it all!). While I love and appreciate each father in my life, I'm most thankful today and everyday for my husband. R is the kind of dad any kid would wish for. It makes my heart FULL to know my children are loved, taught, adored, disciplined, teased and understood by their dad.

I neglected to post the pictures we took on Mother's Day before. My request on Mother's Day was to have everyone help me make strawberry jam. It was a lot of fun and we are still enjoying the fruits of our labor!

I should also add that I have the best Mom ever. Love you, Mom. I'm also so thankful for all the incredible examples of mothers that I have the benefit of knowing and learning from. There are way too many to ever list!



3 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm right in the middle of making strawberry freezer jam today. Messy but it sure is yummy!

I am glad you and your kiddos have such great dads ")

The Fantastic Four said...

Way to be domestic! And can I just say the father's day cake "looks maaavelus!"

shelbell said...

Mmmmmm...I think that cake might be my favorite too! What kind is it?
We are indeed lucky that our kiddos have such great dads!